Crimestoppers and leading intelligence software company Altia unveil fresh partnership to help tackle crime
Altia’s innovative software adds value to charity’s service guaranteeing anonymity and supporting safer communities and workplaces
Altia has teamed up with the charity Crimestoppers in a fresh partnership aimed at helping to keep businesses and communities across the country safe from crime.
The two organisations have vowed to work together by sharing their understanding of developing threats with key sectors, such as retail, social housing and health services.
The partnership will also see Crimestoppers utilise and explore Altia’s innovative software packages – which help users connect the dots to ensure serious crimes, fraud and complex cases are more speedily and efficiently handled and ultimately solved.
The company has a suite of software options including an in-field digital intelligence application – Verinote – which is used by numerous other organisations and charities such as the RSPCA which helps with their investigations into animal welfare.
Crimestoppers gives people an anonymous alternative and option to speak up about crime and wrongdoing. It works with police forces and other law enforcement agencies across the UK, along with high-profile corporations and public sector bodies, to tackle wrongdoing in the workplace by providing information sharing and offering unique whistleblowing lines.
Mark Hallas, Chief Executive of charity Crimestoppers, said: “This partnership demonstrates our commitment and understanding that collaboration is key to tackling the emerging crimes that affect communities and companies. With difficult times ahead for us all in terms of finances, ensuring a safe business environment and communities, is so important.
“Our two organisations have vowed to work together to help fight crime and improve business understanding of evolving risks and threats to community and company safety. Working together we aim to improve our understanding around crime, which will boost our efforts reaching out to people to speak up anonymously about what they know.
“Safe communities and safe workplaces are key to Crimestoppers aims, and we hope that this new and exciting partnership will go some way to improving the way our organisation works in this field.”
Rob Sinclair, Chief Executive of Altia, said: “At Altia, we’ve long admired Crimestoppers’ dedication to making it safe for individuals and communities to talk about crime.
“For almost three decades, our software has been empowering organisations to improve their investigations and make the most of digital advances. But all our technology would achieve nothing without information and intelligence being at the heart of it. The work Crimestoppers and Altia do really does go hand-in-hand and I’m incredibly excited to see how our partnership develops.”
Notes to editors
- Crimestoppers is an independent charity helping communities to ‘Speak up. Stay safe.’
- Our 0800 555 111 telephone number and website crimestoppers-uk.org gives people the power to speak up and pass on information about crime 100% anonymously. Since we began in the late 1980s, we have always kept this promise.
- Alongside our national campaigns, we have hundreds of volunteers across the UK who help us promote our services to those that need to hear about them.
- Every region of the UK has a Crimestoppers team responsible for raising awareness of our charity and running local campaigns about issues that affect their area.
- Around 10 people are arrested and charged every day as a result of information given to Crimestoppers.
- Since Crimestoppers began in 1988, it has received over 2.2 million actionable calls, resulting in more than 151,000 arrests and charges, over £139 million worth of stolen goods have been recovered and over £367 million worth of illegal drugs have been seized.
- In 2005, Crimestoppers launched the UK’s Most Wanted on its website which allows the public to view images of criminals and pass on vital information about their whereabouts. It has been highly successful, with over 4,700 arrests to date.
- At Altia, we’ve been helping improve the management of a broad range of investigations, for the public and private sector, for almost 30 years.
- As a long-standing and trusted partner for government, public and private sector intelligence organisations, our solutions and software have helped make many investigations more efficient and effective, while also meeting regulatory, evidentiary and legislative requirements. We’re also ISO 27001 certified.
- We specialise in criminal and civil investigations, fraud and financial investigations, incident management and a variety of covert fields. Our solutions include digital casefile and business workflow management software, toolkits to analyse data in financial investigations and enterprise application software for covert operations.
- Our clients include law enforcement agencies, government departments, regulatory authorities, tax authorities, and private sector organisations. And, with offices in the UK, Australia and Canada, we partner with our global clients to offer ongoing support so they can get the most from the latest developments in our specialist solutions and software.